Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Transfer

I am still trying to move files from the old computer to the new one. This is frustrating because the old, slow computer still on dial-up is the one responsible for the transfers. The new, fast DSL computer sits there awaiting information to download at lightning speed, but alas very little is forthcoming. I have tried netoworking them together, but they have irreconcilable differences.

The biggest problem is my pictures. I have over 300 pictures on the old one. My kingdom for a CD burner. That would make my life easier. I have emailed some to myself and figured out how to zip many others and send them faster-- but I am still being stymied by the old one that will freeze in the middle of operations resulting in files being lost in the ether.

No comments: