Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Saved by the Flash Drive

Today, I bought a portable USB drive, and the End is in sight. The old machine needed a driver downloaded for it, but then wouldn't install it. I emailed Memorex Tech Support about the error message but found out using Google that the error message meant I needed a new version of oleaut.dll. After downloading that I was able to install the driver. That's the short version.

Onto happier news: All of my pictures and all of my music are on the new computer. Emails have all been switched over; there is no reason to have the old one hooked to the internet anymore, so I can actually move the new one to its new home. Currently, it is stuck on a table next to the old one because the old one needed to be close to the phone jack. It's getting late (it's after 8:00! --signs you're getting older...) so it will need to wait until tomorrow.

4 comments:

La Tulipe said...

Did the Move and Assimilation go smoothly, Mater? Are ye running at Warp Factor 20?

Emano said...

The new one is up and running at Warp 17, anyway. Setting it up while alone with Aurora was more difficult than I had planned. Especially since it was a preschool day (i.e., no nap day). The old one is on the dining room table along with piles of paper and dust bunnies from the computer desk-- I'm not sure where we will eat tomorrow evening.

La Tulipe said...

Spread a towel on the kitchen floor and picnic.

Someone Else ate every childhood evening meal on the Brown Towel on the living room floor. In front of the news.

Rian finds this oddly horrifying. But one picnic every now and then surely will not hurt.

Emano said...

Picnic won't work, alas. We used to have weekly picnics in front of the TV with a movie, but then we got a dog. No food is safe that close to the floor.