We picked this up on Monday evening. We got it for a good price, despite being lied to about how old it was-- over the phone it was a 2007, in person it was a leftover 2006 and we must have just misunderstood. "Why would I sell an '07 for that price? I'd be losing money." Why indeed. My favorite part of the transaction was the financing. Mr. Midnight asked for financing details ahead of time so he could compare rates. After some hemming and hawing from the dealer ("Why would you want to do that?"), they told us we could borrow the money for 6.99%. Mr. Midnight found a place that would give us a 6.25% interest rate so he called the dealership to tell them that we would be financing through someone else. Amazingly enough, the dealer had just heard back from another bank that would lend at a 6.1% rate. What a coincidence. (2006 Dodge Caravan. You think it's Midnight Blue, but it's Modern Blue Pearl.)
Be careful driving today.
We put a lot of miles on it driving to my parents' and back. Here's an accidental picture of the trip (Can you find the knitting?):

I took some flower pictures while we were home.


And now an unrelated photo because I have a story for it. Our oven is old. Very old. That, combined with the fact that we don't have a vent hood, makes for dirty, greasy knobs. We recently had a wonderful sitter staying with our kids for the weekend who decided to clean the kitchen, right down to the oven knobs. I am grateful for the sparkling sink, but we no longer know our oven temperature:

We are only going to be living here for 2 more months, and it is likely that the church is going to replace the oven when we leave. I know I should just suck it up and get a new knob, but it seems silly to get one for just two months. About as silly as spending the next two months not knowing how hot the oven is.



1 comment:
Well... if you are like me, you probably only use one or two temperature settings, and you've got a rough idea of where they are on the dial anyway. So for two months, I wouldn't bother.
But then, I'm lazy. The temperature & burner markings on our gas stovetop rubbed off about a year ago, and I don't care. I figure, you turn one on, you push the starter button, and you find out pretty quick which one you've turned on. Just don't lean across the stovetop while you're doing it, and you'll be fine.
Post a Comment