Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

10 Weird Things About Me

This has been on my mind all day, courtesy of H (the G). It was harder than I thought.

1. My nostrils are different sizes-- one is much narrower than the other.
2. My prom date didn't ask me himself; a mutual friend of ours said, "Did anyone ask you to the prom yet? Scott's not going with anyone either-- do you want to go with him?"
3. If someone happens to say a phrase that is part of a song lyric, I will often start singing the song. I have a student who says, "Ooo-ee" when he's done something difficult, and I can't tell you the number of times I have finished that off with, "Ooo-ee, baby, won't you let me take you on a sea cruise."
4. When I hear someone speaking in an accent, I have an almost irresistible urge to copy it. Ask Em: at the end of the day in Boston I asked her to say something so I could copy her.
5. During the summers when I was a pre-teen, when I was going to take a shower I would walk barefoot in the backyard to get my feet good and dirty so I could watch the rivers of dirt going down the drain.
6. In my teens, my cousin and I used to walk through the mall calling each other by fake names as loudly and as often as possible. (April and Nicole-- I was Nicole).
7. I don't like to wear socks, even with sneakers.
8. I have a compulsion to look things up on the internet. All I need is for someone to casually mention a curiosity ("I wonder what year Paula Abdul was born?") and to be within 50 feet of a computer. In fact, I've just been reading pages that came up when Googling "weird things about me."
9. The only alcohol I like to drink is alcohol that doesn't taste like alcohol.
10. When giving people directions, I almost invariably mix up left and right. So much so, that my husband knows to disregard what I say and look at where I am pointing instead.

5 comments:

Skywolf said...

Heh heh heh. #5 is something I would definitely have done as a child if I'd thought of it.

H said...

I like #5, it immediately struck me as fun, I bet your parents didn't think so though. Hmmm, maybe you should tag Flowyks.

La Tulipe said...

Rian and Mater are kindred souls in Sock Dislike.

...and Mater should try Mike's Hard Lemonade.

On a day when ye are not operating any heavy machinery.

Jess said...

Don't your feet get sweaty and yucky without socks?

Emano said...

Not really; maybe I just don't have them on long enough. I don't wear shoes unless I am out and about. I *do* wear socks when dog-walking, but I don't like to. I've always had socks that don't stay up well, which is part of the reason I wanted to knit socks-- so I could custom-fit them.

Is the tendency to ramble on Weird Thing #11?