Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Saturday, March 25, 2006

WIP report

Wavy-- because I couldn't resist starting something new.


The Perpetual Prayer Shawl-- Over 2/3 done. It's supposed to be 5 feet long when it's finished. It is supposed to one color. I bought 3 skeins that claimed to be the same color. But since the one that doesn't match ended up being the middle one, it sort of looks OK. My lovely model is sporting her winter coat (along with the windblown look) and my lawn is sporting the white-trash look because, despite the calendar, spring has not yet sprung here.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh wow. It's huge.

La Tulipe said...

Ah! And Rian adores the colour.

myo said...

"I bought 3 skeins that claimed to be the same color. But since the one that doesn't match ended up being the middle one, it sort of looks OK."

Wow ... that's quite a difference in the colour. Did you know before you started, and plan to use the different one in the middle? Or did you only realise when you started the second skein?

And why does a prayer shawl have to be sooooo long?

Emano said...

I didn't know they were different. They looked the same. I checked the dye lot numbers carefully and everything. And I didn't notice until I had knitted several inches of the second skein. Just luck (or God's grace) that it was in the middle.

As to the length, there is a general suggested pattern that I follow. Maybe it has to do with being able to feel really wrapped up in it.

biped said...

I adore the wavy one.