Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Thursday, March 30, 2006

There's more to life than knitting...


I bought this in the deep, dark winter when it was too cold to stain it. To be more exact, too cold to stain it outside. I could have stained it inside, but I didn't want to asphyxiate my family with the fumes.

Now that it is finally warming up, the multi-stage project can begin. First, the edging on the top right side of the bench is only balanced there in the picture and it needs to be nailed on. Again. I'm not sure who actually leaned against it and knocked it off first, but there's no point in assigning blame now anyway.

After that is fixed, staining is next-- Red Mahogany. Then I need 3 baskets to fit in the spaces underneath. Finally I will want a cushion or pillows for the seat.

Other future projects are hidden in plain sight. The floor under the bench needs work, but you can't see how much thanks to Microsoft Picture It. And careful cropping has covered the need for re-wallpapering. Those are in the long-term plan. Maybe in the summers of 2007 and 2008. But a bench is nice and small. In other words, easily finishable.

1 comment:

La Tulipe said...

Ah! Rian wants to witness every stage, yes?

And the stained hands.