Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Monday, March 13, 2006

Now, that's tired...

My darling son just opened the microwave to make himself some popcorn. Inside was a mug full of water that I had heated up to make caffeine-infused tea-- three hours ago. I completely forgot about it.

3 comments:

Skywolf said...

Never fear - that seems to happen fairly regularly in our house as well. I've lost count of the number of food items I've discovered abandoned and often shrivelled up in the microwave, from hours or even days before. It can be quite startling, actually.

Ata said...

I have a friend who went away for a week long field trip. She left some food in the microwave for her husband to eat that night.

It was still there when she got back.

Andy said...

Oops. Don't worry, my forgettery works like that sometimes too...