Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Sick "day"
I woke up in the middle of the night sneezing. I don't know that it has ever happened to me before-- and all I got was a messed up night's sleep; I didn't even get to 11 sneezes. I was sneezing all the way to work and took some cold medicine I found in the bottom of my bag. It didn't work, so I took some allergy medicine a few hours later. As the day wore on I became more spacey and lightheaded, and actually (gasp!) went home early. [editor's note: That is an extremely big deal for me. I tend to deny that I am sick until I have a fever or vomit on something. The last place I worked had a policy that if you didn't use a sick day for 6 months you would get $100. I got it 3 times in a row.] Lest you be too worried, I survived the ride home and went to bed. After sleeping for 3 hours, I am loads better and even ate supper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
But is Mater still sneezing?
I'm Claritin clear this morning.
There's a lot of it about... far too many ill Hobblings this week.
*chucks echinacea around randomly*
Myo has already admitted it's all her fault.
Myo has been sneezing on random Hobblings?
Shame, Myopia!
Shame!
I am glad you feel better now. And bonus points for using the word lest.
Post a Comment