Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Monday, March 27, 2006

MP3ness

My oldest has been asking for an MP3 player for her birthday at the end of Spring. To be precise, because of her expensive taste, she has been asking us to pay for half the cost of an MP3 player while she pays for the other half. Why have a device that can only hold 2,000 songs?

I hadn't really thought much about buying one for myself until she started talking about hers. When I did start thinking about it, I didn't think I really wanted one. I don't usually have a desire come upon me to listen to music when I'm somewhere there isn't a radio or CD player available. But then I found out that my library has eBooks available that can be downloaded to MP3 players. Suddenly the idea has a lot more appeal. There are almost 500 titles, with more being added all the time.

If I pay for more than half of the girl's MP3 player, do you think she'd count it as rental so I could use it?

18 comments:

La Tulipe said...

Definetly not.

Get thySelf one.

Some of them are quite cheap.

Unlike Rian, yes?

myo said...

If I pay for more than half of the girl's MP3 player, do you think she'd count it as rental so I could use it?

i didn't know you were such an optimist, emano

keppet said...

What is "/*?

Emano said...

Umm.. a quotation mark, slash, askterisk, and quesiton mark.

keppet said...

That would be
What is "/*??

biped said...

I'm sure she's allow you to pay for more than half. You could get a second hand one really quite cheap. Most people I know seem to buy new ones just for the sake of it, someone must be selling their old ones off.

Emano said...

Sorry, bob. A quotation mark, slash, and an askterisk.

Second-hand... I hadn't thought of that. I'm off to check ebay.

keppet said...

Is this a great annoy bob conspiracy?

Jess said...

Oooooooh, nice country counter. *pokes aussie flag*

Emano said...

No conspiracy, just confusion. Where is the "/* you are asking about?

biped said...

I feel watched. I might have to access your web via a proxy in russia from now on. Drat, I just gave up my plan

myo said...

I feel watched. I might have to access your web via a proxy in russia from now on.

I feel watched too, biped.

And I was wondering who the visitor from Portugal could be ... not you biped?

daisy said...

Suddenly I feel lonely all the time...

keppet said...

myo
said...

"/*

i didn't know you were such an optimist, emano

1:56 AM

myo
said...

"/*

I feel watched too, biped.

And I was wondering who the visitor from Portugal could be ... not you biped?

1:08 AM

Emano said...

It seems that you, bob, are seeing "/* instead of stuff that's being quoted.

keppet said...

Huh.

keppet said...

Weird. That was < i >test< /i >

test

keppet said...

Just realised that I am going to appear as a vistor in three different countries and probably twice in the US and UK as I have two places I log on from (home and work).

Why does that make me happy?