Although I am not generally a person who does well with change, I am tired lately of the repetiveness of my life.
I am fine with little changes-- blog colors, desktop pictures, or my dog-walking route-- but mostly I like routine and knowing what is going to happen when. EXCEPT...
I don't like knowing that everyday I will need to say, "Aurora, stop chasing the dog" 5-10 times. Or "Aurora put that down" 5-10 an hour. Or "Aurora, it's not time to eat" 5-10 times a minute. And there are only so many times you can say, "Stop sword fighting in the living room" before you grow weary of it.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I would love an opportunity to say, just once in my life, 'Stop sword fighting in the living room.'
Hmm... next time it needs to be said, you could call me and I could yell it down the phone for you?
Ha.
I am always weary of my routine. And yet I fear change. Curses.
Try getting inventive, yes?
"Stop that right now or Rian shall lock ye in the basement with the mean old Gnome and feed ye only smelly Fish!"
Or, "Get off the ceiling or I shall send ye back to the Baby Store! I have kept the receipt!"
I like Rian's idea about trying to be more inventive...
I was always going to get sold to the gypsies... A real threat actually since my dad knows so many.
*eyes Rian suspiciously* Does this "inventiveness" work, or does it merely keep you from getting bored? What if they kept acting up just to see what I'd come up with next? Too risky.
Sky, how about a recording of you saying,'Stop sword fighting in the living room.' Then I could just play it over and over. And over.
Hee - a recording. Yes. I rather like the sound of that. I could say it several times onto one tape, and then you wouldn't have to keep rewinding to play it yet again.
What would be even better would be a whole assortment of reprimands on an Ipod. Everyone could contribute. It could be like a Hobbling mix tape.
Of course, there would be the risk of selecting the wrong reprimand.
Post a Comment