You probably don't recall from an April 9th post that I was frustrated with keeping Aurora's room clean because she is able to trash a room better than Ozzy Osbourne at his peak. Here is a refresher:

But I have figured it out. I spent a day and a half, but I may have a solution. First I sorted through the clothes on the floor to determine what fit. There were three categories: Too small and need to be given away, too big and need to find a home until she grows a little, and just right. I washed what needed to be washed (hint: most everything was on the floor), and put pillows and blankets on the bed. Here you see the finished room:

You may notice that the dresser is gone from the second photo. Her bureau now resides in the hallway, because she can't empty the drawers if she can't get to them. I also put a hook & eye lock on her closet. It echoes in there now, and Liz says it looks like a hospital room, but it should stay clean for a little while longer this way.
4 comments:
Rian can only look at the floor.
Although Big Dora IS rather frightening.
I was looking at the floor too, myself. Preeeetty. *grin*
Tactics. Good tactics.
Yep, i was looking at the floor too.
I was also trying to think what the room reminded me of ... and then i read what Liz said. Spot on!
Occasionally Little Aurora places Big Dora somewhere that a person should be-- sitting at the dining room table, in the rocking chair-- and it startles me whenever I pass it, wondering who it is.
Post a Comment