Random Cape Cod Moment: Cell phones are great when you are at the supermarket and you don't remember if you were supposed to get 12 ten-ounce bottles of Dasani or 10 twelve-ounce bottles. But they are not so great for having personal conversations on busy streets-- unless you want to end up as a stranger's blog entry.
We were walking down the street in Hyannis, and there was a young man sitting in the doorway of a shop talking on a cell phone. As we got close to him, we could clearly hear him say, "Melissa, I'm sorry. When I first met you, I thought you were someone I could spend the rest of my life with...." Melissa, you don't want him anyway. He's just going to tell your personal business to tourists.
Miscellaneous Notes: A benefit to setting up a relative's computer is that you can use it to curb Internet Withdrawal Symptoms. Plus, you get to re-live living with dial-up and reaffirm your vow never to go back. (On the plus side, I did knit 3 centimeters on my sweater as I waited for the slow connection.)
We were supposed to return home tomorrow, but the gaggle of cousins (we have three of the eleven grandchildren-- all between the ages of 4 and 12) are going to fireworks tomorrow night, which our younglings don't want to miss. So if the kennel can keep our dog for another day, then we will not be going home until Tuesday.
Aurora (whom I've taken to calling "Cinamon Toast" because of her summer comoplexion) actually slept 1 and a half hours on the six-hour drive here. She's had many late nights and no naps, so I am hoping for even more sleep time on the way home.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
The Cape sounds lovely, even though Melissa might think differently of the place...
Post a Comment