Bad news: As I was pulling out of the driveway, my front tire popped.
Good news: I was not doing 70 mph on the highway at the time.
Good news: We bought the extra coverage for free tire replacement in case of "road hazards."
Bad news: There was no road hazard, or even a driveway hazard. Some coil broke and slashed the tire as I was backing up.
Good news: We have a mechanic we trust who can fix it.
Bad news: He is on vacation this week; and since he owns the garage, this means the whole garage is closed for the week.
Good news: Since I am on vacation all summer, this is good timing.
Bad news: We (and by "we" I mean "Mr. Midnight") can't get the tire back on because of the broken coil. Unless we can match up the hole with the coil.
Good news: We will just have the tow truck come and drag it out of our way. And they will be here in just an hour and a half.
Bad news: Two and a half hours later, and he's not here. We were waiting for him to show up to all go out to lunch.
Good news: We called the garage and the driver got delayecd but should be here in 20 minutes.
Bad news: He showed up 50 minutes later. 1:00. Much hunger abounds. That sentence doesn't sound right, but that's what heat and hunger will do to you.
Bad news: He won't move it without a tire.
Good news: Mr. Midnight is successful in putting the tire back on.
Let's stop there, because it is nice to stop on Good. However, I am now trapped here with three children in 90 degrees. For some reason, it has been decided that they don't want to go into the pool (such as it is). I am hearing that the Boy is bored, and he won't take me up on the suggestions to clean his closet or do his Summer Reading. Wisely, he decided to hide in his room instead of wait for more suggestions.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
A real good news / bad news day.
Hope you can get it fixed soon.
"Wisely, he decided to hide in his room instead of wait for more suggestions."
What a Wise One the Boy is!
I have a crisis here too.
*presses nose against window*
It's wet. It's cold. Two days in a row! How can i go outside to play with my camera when it's wet cold miserable.
Stop hogging the sun in the northern hemisphere!
*swelters towards Myo*
Take it!! It's all yours!
This is England. It's not supposed to be this hot.
Poor M&O. I do not envy you bored children on top of the heat.
Post a Comment