Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Here comes the sun

There was a Mountain Ash tree planted in our yard years before we moved in. It had tiny leaves that were annoying under your feet when they fell off, clumps of flowers that looked nice from a distance but up close "smell like a cough" (as 5 year-old Liz described it), and orange berry-like things that were got crushed underfoot and tracked inside. Besides that, it kept our front yard in shade all day. This was not a good thing because there are very few flowering plants that don't need sun.

The other day, I came home to find this at the edge of the driveway:By the time I got out of the car, I figured out that the tree was gone! There is still a stump as evidence, but I have hope it will be removed by the Stump Fairies. But even if it stays, it doesn't block the sun.

3 comments:

myo said...

Could you set up a spycam so we can see pix of the Stump Fairies?

Ata said...

It has a pretty pattern inside, doesn't it?

myo said...

off-topic ... but where else can i put it?

daisy's prize looks good on liz.

and what in the world is "Purple felted box"?