I'm not sure what I should knit next. Things that I had planned on don't interest me or I don't want to buy the yarn for them... wait. I need to qualify that. I want to buy new yarn, but I want to knit a bunch of the stuff I already have so that I don't build up a huge stash and start saying things like, "It's a small stash-- it's only in 6 bins." I need to finish the hood of the sweater you see listed on the right, but I can't actually find the last skein of wool. I would like to have one of these, without the helmet and not in black so I don't look like a cat burglar. It's hard to walk a dog in below freezing temperatures while adjusting a scarf over my face because it unties itself in the wind whilst simultaneously operating an mp3 player.On the knitting reading front, I chose "At Knit's End" partly because of the back cover blurb asking if you can answer "yes" to at least one of these questions*:
Do you ever...
~Experience palpitations when passing a yarn shop?
~Sneak new yarn purchases into the house?
~Utter the words "just one more row"?
~Plan your vacations around yarn store locations?
~Secretly scope out new spots to store your stash?
I'll let you guess which 3 I can say yes to.
*I also partly chose it because I can't pass up an author who calls herself the Yarn Harlot.



3 comments:
That's a great hat. Josh is lookin' good.
I think if I had to have another obsession, knitting would be a good one. I always used to enjoy it, although I never managed much more than scarves and stuffed toys. But my best friend still prides the little Princess Leia and the Han Solo that I knitted her ages ago. It was fun. I enjoyed what little knowledge I had of it.
It's hard to walk a dog in below freezing temperatures while adjusting a scarf over my face because it unties itself in the wind whilst simultaneously operating an mp3 player.
- emano
That sounds like a very sophisticated scarf, emano. I cannot think why you would want to replace it.
Admittedly, the untying action must be a bit of a pain. But surely the fact that it can operate an mp3 player makes up for that?
But the damn scarf keeps playing stuff I don't want to hear.
Post a Comment