Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ice Revisited

Between doing the Photo-A-Day and consequently bringing my camera with me about everywhere and everything being coated with a layer of ice, I have been taking a lot of pictures. This afternoon I was struck by how spectacular everything looked when the sun finally came out-- the trees were made of diamonds. I couldn't capture the light right and didn't get the diamond trees. Alas.

First, the downside of winter:



Gotta remember to make an appointment for a car inspection.

Now, attempts at getting icy beauty on film-substitute:







Cold, dead flowers encased in ice. What could be prettier?


Come take a bath, little birdie:


After your bath, birdie, have some berries:


The "Schoolgirl Statue" at the prep school-- I think my favorite might be the icicle on her chin.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I like the fourth picture a lot. The branches look like silver.

Skywolf said...

Ah, beautiful!

I want gorgeous ice. We had hail today. I think that's the closest I'm going to get. Although it is getting colder...

shami said...

Wonderful pics for those of us who've never seen the results of an icestorm.