Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Friday, February 10, 2006

Second post in one day?!

This is why I need to customize more.

http://jillsknittingblog.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

keppet said...

Hmm... I'd put pictures of wool as the background and try to do colours elsewhere to match.

For example (if you don't see the back ground at first try refreshing... otherwise this is the background).

Jess said...

Ooh, that looks cool. Nice colour.

At least you're not going crazy with multiple exclamation marks, Emano.

Emano said...

bob, that looks so very wicked cool. I may be in love (with the background that is, just so you don't start expecting a ring or something).

I was thinking of doing something like that-- having wool as the background or maybe on the header-- but haven't the skills to do it, the time to develop the skills, or (I thought) a good picture to use for the background.

keppet said...

What is stopping you? If you prefer a different colour wool, get a picture of that. Put it on the web (upload it to blogger- that works fine) and set it as your background:

body {
...
background:#234;
background-image:url(http://xxx.jpg);
...
}

La Tulipe said...

"bob's example is much better," says Rian, glotzing eagerly.

"How does bob know such Amazing Things?"

keppet said...

I don't know anything about hmtl but the basics are all out there if you just google for tutorials or follow links from the main blogspot page. Basically my method is just trial and error. Fine if you have the time but I am guessing emano doesn't...

Something I find useful is looking at the source code of blogs and cutting and pasting blocks into my template to see what happens. Thank bob for the preview button is all I can say.

myo said...

Thank bob for the preview button is all I can say.

Preview is fun for fiddlers. Change a colour, add a background ... instantaneous gratification. The one thing i dont like about it is the way the preview isnt really accurate ... it comes up with a larger font which sometimes stuffs up the column structure etc.

Anyway, those templates are an incredibly safe way to play around. If you stuff up, you can always reload a standard template (or reload your modified template which of course you have saved as a text file).

keppet said...

Preview works perfectly for me.

So emano... when can we look forward to something more customised?