Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Fun with HTML

I've seen these progress bars when I browse knitting blogs that show how close projects are to being done. I'm not going to turn this over entirely to my obsession, but I wanted to have a visual representation of what I am doing and now I have one to the right under my clock.

I have been in a listmaking mood lately, and this resulted in my making a list of the things I am working on and what I want to do next. And what good is a list if it's not written down? Of course, written down online is even better.

I am hoping that the warm fuzzy hat will be done before I take the dog for his afternoon walk today. Since I am typing instead of knitting (I can't multitask well enough to do both at once-- yet), I don't know if that will happen. My sister liked the scarf I made her for Christmas so much she asked for one for her birthday. The "Perpetual Prayer Shawl" is so named not because of anything to do with perpetual prayers but because I am always doing one.

Liz picked yarn for striped socks, but I have to learn how to use double-pointed needles first. Don't they look scary?

5 comments:

Jess said...

Hah, the progress bars are cool. Looks all professional like.

biped said...

I'm currently wearing a pair of socks that a friend knitted for me years ago. It's worth braving those pointy things for the result.

*wiggles toes*

skittledog said...

Pointy needles are cool. But a bad idea in a house with pets, as stitches oh-so-easily fall off the ends if a cat accidentally tangles her claws in it.

But yes, the html proficiency is scaring me. I only found out how to do a link yesterday.

biped said...

You're kidding, right?

keppet said...

Poor backward skit.

My smark remark of the day is...
Toe-socks by any chance?