How much do I not like coffee? My husband went out early to buy me a specialty coffee this morning because he wanted to do something nice, the dearheart. He drinks his coffee black, and said he doesn't like this kind because it is too sweet for him but thought I would like it. I sipped it on my way too work and it was way too strong, so I putit aside so that I could add sugar when I got there.
Three sugars later, it was still too strong. Three additional sugars, and I still did not like it so I poured it down the sink. However, I drank half of the cup during the sugar experimentation. I am
now quite jittery. I fancy that I can look down and see my heart beating through my sweater and my hands are shaking as I type. I guess a daily tea hasn't built up my caffeine resistance.



5 comments:
Shall Rian phone 911 for ye, Mater?
Stay away from Poison.
I can't get over the smell. Blerk.
mmmMMmmm, coffee. Ata takes it black, no sugar. Nude, as the Amazon puts it. Ata worked with someone who took his coffee "blonde with a pair", so calling her plain black coffee nude seems to fit well.
It may well have been the large amount of sugar that made you jittery, M&O...
I can drink small amounts of coffee. Maybe one cup a day - rarely that much, actually - but certainly no more than that. Tea, however, I can guzzle away at quite merrily and never have too much. But after one cup of coffee, I find myself having no wish for any more for a considerable length of time.
I love coffee. I NEED coffee. I am an addict. I can drink expresso black, or turn it into a confection with raw sugar and cream.... mmmmmm. Lattes, iced coffee in summer, The big morning travel mug full with French Vanilla creamer. Have to have it or I am groggy groggy all day long.
Post a Comment