Originally, my tea habit began out of an effort to stave off fatigue. Purely utilitarian. Milk and sugar because that's the way Mommy always made it for me growing up and I couldn't really imagine any other way to drink it. Gradually, I started experimenting with different kinds of tea. Vanilla chai, chocolate caramel chai. Green tea. Then when those no longer provided the thrill I was looking for, I turned to more unusual blends. Blueberry, Orange, Filet Mignon. A few times I even
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Tea
I am not a coffee drinker. Although I am a coffee sniffer. This can lead to some odd looks from strangers in the supermarket, and there was that one run-in with the... well, never mind. That's a story for another time. My point is that there are times when a girl needs caffeine. Like every work day at about 9:30.
Originally, my tea habit began out of an effort to stave off fatigue. Purely utilitarian. Milk and sugar because that's the way Mommy always made it for me growing up and I couldn't really imagine any other way to drink it. Gradually, I started experimenting with different kinds of tea. Vanilla chai, chocolate caramel chai. Green tea. Then when those no longer provided the thrill I was looking for, I turned to more unusual blends. Blueberry, Orange, Filet Mignon. A few times I eventook drank decaffeinated tea just for the taste. I try not to speak of it too often. Through it all, I have noticed that it is amazing how a few sips can change my mood. I can be weary, close to tears, irritated at the world-- but a cup of tea calms me enough to say, "Dog mess on the floor, Preschooler clothes all over her floor... eh, that's not so bad."
Originally, my tea habit began out of an effort to stave off fatigue. Purely utilitarian. Milk and sugar because that's the way Mommy always made it for me growing up and I couldn't really imagine any other way to drink it. Gradually, I started experimenting with different kinds of tea. Vanilla chai, chocolate caramel chai. Green tea. Then when those no longer provided the thrill I was looking for, I turned to more unusual blends. Blueberry, Orange, Filet Mignon. A few times I even
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Chai has lost its CHARM?
Rian shall sob.
I did not mean to imply that at all, my chai-tastic friend. In fact, I've found that chai has more of a caffeine kick than regular ole tea. I hold some in special reserve.
Tea is wonderful stuff. Sooo much better than yucky coffee.
But *mild shock* it should never, ever be tainted with vile sugar. Bleugh.
There is a place 1 minute from my work that does the most marvellous chai latte.
I've had it every day for about two weeks now. Oh dear.
There is a place 1 minute from my work that does the most marvellous chai latte.
There's one really close to mine, too. It's such an exercise in self-control not to go there everyday.
MMMM - tea! It does indeed have magical properties. I'm not actually fond of chai - or sugar in my tea. But I lived in England for a couple of years, and really developed a taste for it there. When people in England offer you a coffee it usually means instant (blech!)
I am of the firm opinion that there is a reason that the Brits are brewing tea at every upset. It is amazing how much better you feel after drinking it.
Have you ever tried Lapsang Souchong - definitely an aquired taste, but such a calming effect.
Have fun!
Abi
Post a Comment