Up until a short time ago, the nightly routine went thusly: Around 7:00, the dog would jump in circles around the door. We would take him outside, he would do his business, and we'd come in. Later, around 9:30, we would take him out again to keep him comfortable for the night. Lately, he doesn't ask to go out at all during the evening, and then he won't "produce" anything when we take him out at 9:30. Until 9:35 when we are brushing our teeth and he rushes down to the kitchen to leave us a puddle. And even more lately, he is watering our kitchen floor during the half-hour he is alone while kids are being driven to school.
Our vet suggested taking up his water at 6:00. Didn't do a bit of good. The next suggestion is the crate. Although I very much do not want to go back to that, I have gone so far as to move the crate into the living room and toss treats into it in hopes of making him like it. I am hoping that something changes, though, so I don't need to use it.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment