Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Monday, November 19, 2007

Media Monday

I was all set to continue this new tradition, and I can't find my camera. It's around here somewhere, but I have other things to do so I will improvise, adapt, and overcome.
(Image from Amazon.com)

The first concert I ever went to was Bryan Adams, and I went with my younger brother. We were deaf for hours afterwards, which surprised me for some reason. Maybe because it was my first concert, eh? This album has a few good songs but more forgettable ones, as evidenced by the fact that I am reading the back of the CD right now and can't hear most of the songs in my head when I read the names. I can remember Summer of '69, Heaven, Somebody, and even She's Only Happy When She's Dancin', but my favorite was always Run to You. I don't understand why my teenage self was so taken with a song about infidelity, but I still sing with Bryan whenever I happen to hear it on the radio.

3 comments:

Jess said...

So who else thought that the title was "Summer of Sex Tonight", not "Summer of '69"?

Although being 69 it might as well be Sex Tonight. *whistles innocently*

Emano said...

Especially since Bryan Adams isn't the right age to have been the age the song claims he was in 1969 and it was just a made up date.

Jess said...

Ohmigosh, we should sue. I feel emotionally damaged by that revelation.