"Boy, I had good luck" by 8-year old M&O (uncorrected)
One morning I thought I'd go out and ride my bike. When I had rode around the court a few times, I stoped and went over to my front lawn. Just for fun I thought I would look for a four leaved clover.
I was just about to give up when I found one! I ran inside as fast as I could and told my mother. She said "Go tell Andrea." So I did.
"Let's go to 'Grasshopper Hill'" she suggested. 'Grasshopper Hill' is just a large mound of dirt that in the summer is loaded with grasshoppers! Well anyway, we went and played hid and seek, for it's exellent for playing. I hid and in my hiding spot I saw a leperacaun!!! [Ed. note: This should be "leprechaun;" I never wrote any stories about lepers of any kind.]
"What are ye doin' in me hideout, me lass?" At first I couldent reply. Then he repeated the question. "We - I - you s-j-..."I stammered. "Out with it my lass!" he shouted. I was so frightened I ran and called to my friend, "Come on!" "O.K." "Stop, me lass!" I turned around to see a well dressed leprachaun. His hair was fairly brown, his top & trousers were green and his belt was black.
Suddenly, his eyes turned as red as fire. My friend and I got scared. But, I went back anyway. He said, "I'll give you anything ye want." I said I wanted some gold and he gave me some!
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hee hee hee. I love reading stories we wrote as small people. Unless this is a factual account?
Post a Comment