The kids' birthdays are at the beginning of summer, but with moving and the end of school no one has had a friend party yet. So I am trying to schedule 3 of them, which involves calling people (eew), writing and sending out invitations (like I want to do that for 3 parties' worth of guests), and having to go to Chuck E. Cheese. L. wants a party at a juice/coffeehouse in the evening for her whole class that leads into a sleepover for just the girls. Hopefully the logistics of meeting places and people getting picked up will work out. And hopefully the fact that she wants to bring people into the house will get her to help with making it presentable.
I am just not a good hostess. Some people are so natural at it, it's just a part of the fabric of their being. With me, it's like I'm wearing a costume, an ill-fitting costume at that. And it doesn't matter that it's just a group of 13-year old girls who are more interested in watching a movie with Channing Tatum (I don't understand the appeal, myself) than in the state of my living room.
Bah. I should stop writing and just go get it done so it's not hanging over my head anymore.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I don't understand the attraction to Channing Tatum either. Bleh.
Post a Comment