Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of School

Mine, that is. I am so exhausted. Today was long and chaotic, and the fact that I am not used to once again getting out of bed at 6AM doesn't help. One of my new students needed to be toileted three times which took 10-15 minutes each time. I have two Instructional Assistants who actually got to experience that joy, but I then had the rest of the class on my own-- a scarier prospect than it sounds like. My other new student is autistic, and is constantly in motion. He needs a behavior plan IMMEDIATELY but I am too tired to come up with one. I don't have his latest IEP, either, which However, not coming up with one will result in my being just as exhausted tomorrow; Catch-22. So many things are left undone because there was no time during the day to do them and I was ready to fall asleep when the kids were gone, not the least of which is planning for tomorrow.

3 comments:

La Tulipe said...

I am very proud of Mater. You gracefully handle a job that most of us would not have the courage or heart to take on.

Skywolf said...

Yep. You certainly do. I couldn't do it... you're a hero as far as I'm concerned. :)

Hope it gets easier as things start to settle in. And soon.

Emano said...

Thank you for these comments. They helped me a lot. I will try to draw on them next week when I am sliding deeper down the hole, grabbing for a handhold. Maybe they will help me be less melodramatic.