I sometimes wish I had more friends in RL. Most often when I wish this, it is morbidly related to thinking about how if my husband suddenly died I wouldn't have a lot of support right here because my family is so far away. But on the heels of that thought always comes the realization that I don't really have time to be a good friend to anyone. I mean, I know that you make time for what is important to you. Yeah, yeah. But I don't imagine fitting in "Let's meet for coffee" moments (metaphorically, of course, as I wouldn't meet anyone for coffee. Blech. Well, maybe Orlando Bloom or Mark Harmon, but I digress....). Weekdays are full just with work and dinner and making sure kids do homework. And I am not a big phone talker, so I can't even imagine keeping friendly contact with frequent phone calls. When I am on the phone, I always seem to think of all the other things I should be doing but can't because I am on the phone. It all seems like so much work.
Enough. Off to cut down weeds.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Yeah... it's not easy to build friendships once you're past the stage where you see people all the time at school/uni. I've been living in Adelaide for coming up to ten years, and I really only feel like I've begun to make friends in the last couple of years.
I always feel really sad when I make good friends with people at work, because it never really moves beyond that work-friends status. Even though you get along brilliantly and whatnot, once they quit (or you do) that's it, you'll never see them again.
It's hard and weird and awkward.
You've changed your template. Huh.
I came here to say that perhaps you shouldn't mock your daughter's taste in actors.
I would never mock my daughter's taste in actors. She would never forgive me if I did. Does bob like Channing Tatum?
bob and Channing sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G,...
Got bored with the template. There may be more changes to come.
M&O is making Spidey jealous.
I know what you mean about the phone. I've never been much for talking on the phone. I always find myself wanting to get on with other things. I only have one friend who reeeeaaalllly likes to natter on the phone. She's lovely, and I love talking to her and spending time with her, but she's one of these people who talks and talks and talks. I only ring her if I really feel I ought to, and then only when I have no pressing matters to attend to. Our conversations are rarely under an hour long. And I don't do much of the talking.
Post a Comment