Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Random Pix From My Last Trip Home

Isn't it funny that I continue to call my parents' house "home" even though I haven't really lived there for about two decades?
This is near the Capital District in New York. In other words, near Albany. We like to call Albany and its environs the "Capital District." I don't think the road conditions look that bad here. Concrete instead of blacktop, and concrete is more durable.

This building is visible in the first picture; the green sign on the far right is overlapping it a little. I've always liked it because it is round, but I don't know if the roundness comes through in a quickie shot from a moving car.

This last picture is near North Adams, Massachusetts. I just think it would be cool to do all your grocery shopping with that view behind the store. I must remember to take a picture of it in the fall, assuming we are driving through.

1 comment:

myo said...

Take the 787 to Cohoes, New York.

.... there wouldnt really be a Lake of the Coheeries, would there?
(Winter's Tale)