Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Monday, April 16, 2007

Housework

Originally I wanted to strip the wallpaper in the boy's room and paint it this week during school vacation. As the time came nearer and I thought more about all the work that goes into prepping a room for painting, I realized that it would be an accomplishment to just strip the wallpaper and get the room ready.

We went to the house Saturday and today (Snowstorm yesterday, she sneered) to get started. There were a few setbacks that will cause us to revise the schedule a bit more-- aside from the winter storm that meant nothing got done on Sunday. For one thing, we have no running water yet. This makes it difficult to fill a pump sprayer with water to strip the paper. For another, we have no heat. This not only means that we can't heat the water that we can't fill our pump sprayer with, but that the room temperature is colder than the outside air temperature.

Forty days from today, we want to be moving. This includes that room being painted and the carpets cleaned and our entire house packed in boxes (this includes 3 hallways, 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, living room, playroom). I'm only a little scared.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Uh oh. Good luck, hope the stress doesn't get too bad.

Skywolf said...

Indeed. *sends calm thoughts*

The actual act of moving is awful. But it's nice to get in a new place and start afresh. I hope it all goes perfectly.