Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Friday, April 06, 2007

Nostalgia

There was some pulling out of old photos while I was at my parents. Really old, like parents and grandparents, so those of you waiting to see my waif-like childhood face will have to wait. I did, however, feel like showing off my dad-- and it's not even his birthday or anything.

This first set of pictures shows the importance of taking a tripod with you wherever you go. They also show my dad as he looked in the middle of the last century. I think he's 3-5 in the top two, and close to his teens in the bottom one. Next time, I'll have to snap a shot of his senior picture. The first time I saw that picture, I was surprised at how good-looking he was.
Everything about this picture screams "Seventies!" The Sonny and Cher-ishness of my parents, the long mustache, the gold appliances visible in the background, the fake brick on the wall.
This one I took in March. (Again, carry a tripod because you never know when you'll need to take a portrait in low light). What changes 30 years can bring! I wonder what it says about my mom's state of mind that she's no longer slouching next to him in pictures. The pose was my dad's idea. He takes some awesome pictures of lighthouses, and if he owned a computer I'd get him a scanner and a Flickr account to really show off. If I come accross any as I pack, I'll put them up.

1 comment:

myo said...

Everything about this picture screams "Seventies!"

I'll say!