Occasionally, something happens to me that I can imagine as a scene in a sitcom. Not a Level-A sitcom, but one that's stuck on Friday or Saturday nights.
Scene 1:
I am packing the van for a trip to my in-laws. Packing includes loading the computer we are bringing to my father-in-law. Knowing that the older two don't like having the Prescooler's safety seat in between them, I struggled for 5-10 minutes to get the monitor box into the Way Back so that the car seat can be placed in the middle row. Huffing and puffing, adjusting arm rests-- I just can't get it to fit. Finally, I realize that if I take the headrests off the middle row seats, I can squeeze the box past. Victory!
I go inside to get a suitcase to pack. On my way back out, I say offhandedly, "You guys are sitting in the back without Aurora, right?" The Elder Two then give me very good reasons why, no, they think it would be a splendid idea for them to sit with her. This means that the monitor box is in the wrong place. I silently nod and go back outside to move the box while the laugh track goes crazy.
Scene 2:
Large electronics in overly large boxes just never ceases to be hilarious! In this episode, I am at Best Buy deciding that I don't need to ask for help in loading the 19-inch TV/VCR/DVD into my mid-sized sedan. A cursory inspection of the trunk makes it clear that the box is much too large to close. No matter, I will put it in the back seat. There is plenty of room in there. The only obstacle is that the actual doorway opening is too small. I try to lift it and push it in from outside of the car, realizing that the long skirt I wore to work is impractical for this sort of thing. I hoist the skirt to mid-thigh and tie it in a knot, noticing a small, older Asian woman watching me from her car. I decide to ignore her, and get into the car to attempt to lift and pull it inside. After that fails, I think that maybe I can push it in since now I hae my skirt tied up. It's about this time that the Asian woman comes over to ask me if I need any help. Since she looks barely heavier than the box, I thank her but decline. I am able to finally get it home by hacking open the box with my keys and fitting the TV in the back without all the packaging.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
*peals and peals of canned laughter*
What would your sitcom be called?
Further episodes would be most entertaining...
Post a Comment