I always like that word. First of all, the new Blogger Beta thing is bugging me. Every time I try to sign in to Blogger, it tells me about the new Blogger Beta and tells me to switch. Then it tells me it can't switch me right now, so I should sign in to go to "My Dashboard." Every time. Blah.
On the other hand, I started a new blog with Blogger Beta, because although it won't switch me as a loyal Blogger, it will give random, faithless Bloggers from off the street access to Blogger Beta. Well, that's not why I started a new one, that's why the new one uses the Beta version. I started a new one because I realized that I could use a blog to keep far-away family updated on stuff (miscellany, that is), but that this blog was, well... not quite the "me" they know. Obsessive knitter, they know, Hobbling in-jokes and slightly strange sense of humor, not so much. The point (and I do have one) is that I actually like some things on the Beta version. It is very easy to customize colors, fonts, and layouts.
Also, I was looking at those progress bars on the right (or possibly below and to the right if you use IE). Notice how many are stuck at 98%? I need to do minimal finishing stuff and just don't seem to be able to make myself do it. Likewise, didja notice how long "Three Men in a Boat" has been over there? I like it, but I am reading it online. Although I spend a lot of time reading online, reading a book online feels different. Reading a book requires something different from a computer screen, like being propped up on pillows in bed. I go back to work on the 28; hopefully I can knock off some of those 98%s and have all new books by then.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I wasn't even aware there was a Blogger beta. I suppose we'll all be switched over eventually? Will it be like Yuku?
New Blogger info:
http://tinyurl.com/pfqje
Sure i noticed those unprogressing bars ... but i just thought you hadnt got around to updating them.
i was going to read three men and a boat online too. But i couldnt do it. I had to get hold of the book.
I see you have The Fourth Bear! I like that american cover better than the uk one.
Ah, thanks for that, Interesting stuff.
Post a Comment