Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Psycho

I thought of Mr. Ata in the shower today.*

Mr. Midnight opened the shower curtain while I was taking a shower and startled me. He hadn't been especially quiet about coming into the room, so we laughed about it and he wondered aloud what I would have done had he come in with a butcher knife and pretended to re-enact The Shower Scene. I told him that he would have a faceful of shower water if he ever tried it.

A few minutes later, he ripped back the curtain with his hand raised as if it were holding a knife and yelled. I hesitated only long enough to make sure I wouldn't flood the floor before turning the handheld showerhead on him. When he had left, protesting, "But I wasn't really holding a knife," I thought of how past evidence has shown Mr. Midnight and Mr. Ata to have similar senses of humour, and I wondered if Mr. Ata would ever try to scare Ata in the shower.

If I think of any other Hobblings or Hobbling-Other-Halves whilst in the shower again, I will be sure to let you know.




*I learned in Creative Writing that it is good to sometimes start with a "provacative hook." How's that one?

2 comments:

Ata said...

The answer is....

....yes. Of course. We have a glass shower cubicle, and if you stand on the edge of the bath you can look over the top.

It is very alarming to turn around whilst in the shower and discover that you have an audience. Even more alarming when your audience is holding a cat.

Skywolf said...

Ha! I often have an audience coaxing a dog.

"Come on, Hoot. Come and say hello to Tot in the shower."

Hoot is rarely impressed, and never comes to say hello. He just looks at me as if I'm completely mad for standing in that glass box with water pouring over me, and walks out.

I really have no idea why Beloved wishes to show the dog that I'm in the shower. But at least that's better than when he sneaks up and scares the life out of me when I open my eyes post-hairwashing.

Must be a bloke thing.