Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm so proud!


I tried Tetley's Earl Grey tea, and was able to drink it with only 2 level spoons of sugar-- as opposed to my usual 3 heaping spoonfuls. I wanted to try PG Tips, but the store I went to did not have it and I wanted to try *something* different after being told that Lipton was slop.

Drinking tea with less sugar: just one of the many ways the Internet has expanded my horizons.

5 comments:

Ata said...

{very small voice}

Ata likes Lipton...

Skywolf said...

We'll have you down to zero sugar in no time, M&O! You'll find tea just tastes sooo much nicer without it, once you get used to it. I loathe sugar in tea. If I accidentally get a sip of someone else's tea with sugar, I feel sick. Horrible.

biped said...

I only like very strong tea with sugar and cream. Any other tea must remain sugarless. But milk is a must. I even have milk in my peppermint tea, yum.

Does emano want some tea samples for the Boston meet? We can have a proper Boston Tea party, with cakes and cucumber sandwiches.

Emano said...

Ah-- that would be loverly. Proper tea.

I read somewhere that (some? all? dunno) tea companies use their worst leave for sale to America. Apparently, we proved in 1773 that we don't appreciate good tea.

keppet said...

Any sugar in tea changes the taste considerably. Teas are subtle and need to be drunk without sugar. Milk for me is something to take the bitterness off strong teas- most teas should not have milk. The idea of peppermint tea with milk makes me feel as ill as the idea of adding sugar.

In Boston, we will go to Tealuxe and introduce emano to great teas. It is the most amazing tea shop in the world. Hundreds of teas of all kinds.