Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Birthday

On a possibly warm and sunny June day twelve years ago (I don't really know as I spent the day in the hospital),


I was greeted by the appearance of this being.


Twelve years including diaper changes, time-outs, and police intervention have transformed her into this.
She has turned into a sweet and loving, if sometimes demanding and bossy, young woman. (For example, she insists on my saying that this picture is actually from when she was 11 and not 12, because she doesn't want you all to think that's what she looks like at 12. Her hair is longer now, after all. It doesn't matter that the only reason I have to go back 5 months to find a picture is because she channels Sean Penn wheneer she sees me with a camera.) She's coming along so well, I can't wait to see how she turns out.

2 comments:

H said...

Congratulations to your daughter on the dozen years!

I wonder what your others will be like at 12.

Um you do realize that next year you will have a

TEENAGER

Though honestly, I rather like teenagers, poor hormonally best-upon things.

Skywolf said...

Aw. t'was my little sister's birthday on the tenth as well. She's fifteen... and that makes me feel old.