Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wild World

There is a lovely spot for a small garden by our front door. In the past few years, it has slowly become more and more wild. I will jokingly call it an "English country garden," but what I really mean is "I hate to weed."


Having been hit with a sudden and unexpected burst of energy, I began pulling out various and sundry plants. Things that I just didn't recognize as something that was wanted, Goosenecks that have "volunteered" to grow in places other than where they were planted, and grass that is tall enough to ride the scary rides at the amusement park-- all ripped out with no ruth whatsoever. My poor Autum Joy (Sedum) is just a shadow of its former self after having its light and nutrients stolen by grass that won't grow on my lawn, but chooses to hide in my garden instead.


I think the only thing to do is start over. Carefully dig up the few plants I want to keep and set them aside, and then tear up the rest of the trespassers-- including that lovely but invasive Gooseneck.

1 comment:

La Tulipe said...

Ah! Let Rian come and help! I shall bring a trowel and hydrangeas.

...Rian is late, very late....

Rian would dash if Rian had brackets.