Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Gainful

Why is there no job where I can stay up late, sleep in late, and read whenever and whatever I desire? And they said I could grow up to do whatever I want. Liars.

7 comments:

keppet said...

Erm... surely that is being a PhD student.

H said...

Or a professor, if you can finagle no morning classes... which I haven't QUITE pulled off yet, BUT I know professors in the humanities who have.

You also get to be officially Absent-Minded.

Archie Furrows said...

Or self employed?

Talk to Blue Sea Siren, she doesn't seem to be doing too badly.

Emano said...

bob, I don't think I can get paid for being a PhD student. Professor, though-- that has some possiblities. An excuse to be Absent-Minded and summers off, too. Self-employment doesn't offer a good health insurance plan.

skittledog said...

I only want to be a Professor if I get to be a Mad one.

But yes, emano. When you do find this job, please let me know. I want one too. I'm sure there is a need in the world for people to just sit around and read books all day. I could fill that niche admirably.

daisy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
daisy said...

I'm hoping to win big in the lottery. Of course that would be more likely to happen if I ever bought a ticket, but I don't want to waste my money. This is where being realistic gets you.