I wrote the following while waiting for the class I am taking to start last night, and had nothing better to do with it than post it:
It's hard not to think of coffee as amazing. Of course, I am scribbling this to burn some energy after drinking my white soy mocha from Starbucks. Tall. I've gotten so that I can order it as if I speak Starbucks-language. Another few weeks and they will be making it for me as soon as they see me walk in the door.
No wonder people get addicted to this stuff. OK-- I am a bit jittery. But the feeling of being awake is great. Did I feel like this waaay back in my past when I could sleep when I wanted? When was that time, anyway? Not being a coffee drinker normally, I think that I may have downed that drink a little too fast.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Me and a workmate used to do Whacky Friday, where we'd seriously over caffeinate, and be exceptionally cheerfull and silly :)
Ha.
Caffeine is great but then you do something embarrassing when under the influence of it and realise that Drugs Are Bad. I stick to tea and drink coffee very rarely now (except for decaf).
(Dil- In the UK it is usual for people to drink beer on a Friday and be exceptionally cheerful and silly).
Post a Comment