Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm busy, busy, dreadfully busy
You've no idea what I have to do.
Busy, busy, shockingly busy
Much, much too busy for you.
~~from Veggie Tales

I don't remember every feeling as busy as I do now. My husband and I are both taking classes and working full time and keeping up with 3 kids and their homework and activities. I keep thinking of things I should be doing and feeling like there is no time to do them. I'm in "urgent mode": whatever needs to be done immediately is what gets done. Dirty dishes need to be washed? OK. Homework due tomorrow? OK. Take off-season and outgrown clothes out of Curly Girl's dresser so that she can actually shut her drawers? Nope-- maybe this weekend. Or February break. Or this summer.

No comments: