Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back to School

I went directly from college into getting my master's because my college didn't have the prep courses that would let me get certified to teach special education. I went to school full-time while working full-time, and it's a period in my life that I look back upon and wonder how I did it. When I finished in 1991, I declared that I would never go back to school; I was done, fried, finis.

And yet, this weekend I am doing homework. I have started a 2-year program that will enable me to change my teaching certification; classes are every Tuesday (with summers and school vacations off) from 4:30-9:00. Much like I look back on the time of getting my master's, I am looking ahead and wondering how I will do it. Last time I didn't have three children. But I think it needs to be done, so I guess I'll just plug through.

2 comments:

H said...

Good Luck, study well. Your kids are old enough so it shouldn't be too bad. I have had students who work full time, have several kids under 5, are divorced and somehow they muddle through. I have no idea how they do it.

keppet said...

Best of luck and congratulations.