Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Sunday, December 16, 2007

My favorite invention of the 20th century

There were many inventions in the 20th century-- some that made a huge impact on humanity as a whole and some that made great personal impact. I considered some of the "big" technological advances, and decided that while automobiles, airplanes, computers, and television are all nice, they just weren't in the running for My Favorite.

Cameras are up there as a strong contender, though. Perhaps if I had a DSLR (are you listening, Santa?) I would have said that cameras are #1.






But when I think about what continues to make the biggest impact on my life, I think of the mundane. And my mother has told me enough stories about my grandmother's day in this particular area that I can't imagine hitting puberty before these were invented:














'Nuff said.

2 comments:

daisy said...

My mum's told me about her first one, and having to wear special knickers with massive pads pinned into them. Modern feminine hygiene really is a wonderful thing.

Jess said...

Word.