Every summer, my kids spend a week with each of their grandparents, and it just hit me that their first week away this summer begins in 7 days. Temporary childlessness!
I fear that I have too many plans. First, I want to make a lot of progress on unpacking the boxes that I still have. This is difficult with repeated childish interruptions for things like "food" or "attention." I also want to go to Home Depot, where I can price closet organization systems and get the needed hardware to fix the screen door that slams shut on our heels.
There are no yarn stores really close to me-- and even if there were, even I think it would be unfair to drag the kids along to it. But when they are not here, I won't have any reason not to take a road trip to woolly goodness.
I can also go out with my camera and take hundreds of pictures at a time-- even go to a location not within walking distance. (Did you know that holding a leash with a dog pulling at the other end introduces a lot of camera shake?)
Two days a week, Mr. Midnight goes directly from work to class. Not that I won't miss him, but that means 12 hours all on my own. I don't have to cook dinner if I don't want to. I can drive somewhere photogenic and eat out. The possibilities are endless.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Awww yeeeeahh... that sounds good. Don't forget to schedule in Internet Time.
Not a worry. The hard part is always not having too much Internet Time.
Post a Comment