Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Friday, February 09, 2007

Perception

I was just thinking again today about Rian's calling the house we just bought an "old house." It took me aback a little because the house was built in 1941; the house I'm living in now was built in 1878, so I had been thinking of myself as moving into a "new" house.

Then I think of the castles in Europe and realize I am already living in a new house.

2 comments:

keppet said...

Ha.

1878 seems old to me. Hmm, have we seen pictures of it anywhere?

Skywolf said...

1878 is rather old, yes. The Moon was only built in 1890.

But I find it amusing that anyone can think of a house built in the forties as remotely old. That's a youngster! A mere babe, as houses go.