Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It sucks when both adults are sick

For one thing, the house is falling apart and I care enough to be irritated but not enough to do anything about it. Nor do either of us really have the ability to right now, either. From my spot on the couch, I can see all the needles that have fallen off the tree. I can even see the broom where Aurora left it. From my spot sitting in front of the toilet waiting to vomit I can see that the floor behind it needs to be cleaned. And being sick has given me a super-human sense of smell, and it all smells bad. Forget taking the garbage out-- I can barely open the refrigerator. Even putting my nose in the glass of ginger ale gives me a nauseating whiff of dish soap-- which I'm reasonably sure has been thoroughly rinsed off.

And then there's the food problem. The boy's stomach is also queasy, but the girls are going to want to eat. I can't think of anything to prepare for them that won't smell disgusting-- especially since the smell of my own hair is disgusting to me. Plus, I'm freezing. On top of that, with my husband sick, I have no one to whine to.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean we can't even offer medicinal hot chocolate?

*hands over hot water bottle instead*

Anonymous said...

Poor Emano, poor Mr Midnight, poor Midnight clan. Were Ata closer, she could offer chicken soup. But she will offer sympathy instead.

Skywolf said...

Oh, poor you. How very yucky. I'd make you all a lovely carrot and ginger juice if I was nearer. Excellent for nausea and the immune system.

Hope you're all much better very soon.

Emano said...

I tried chicken soup yesterday, Ata, and I couldn't stand the smell of that either, so it's just as well you weren't here.

Today, all kids are better and I am better. Mr. Midnight, though, has pneumonia.

myo said...

I hope Mr Midnight is soon on the mend.

Skywolf said...

Me too. Pneumonia can be nasty. Keep him warm and well dosed.

*sends healing vibes to Midnight Mansion*

Anonymous said...

Well, that's just as well, then. I avoid making chicken soup, as it takes soooo loooong to make it good.