Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas

I have nothing to say, but I am tired of the ornament posts. I am waiting to leave for my parents' house-- I have about an hour left and I am pretty much packed. During my waiting, I am bringing snacks out to the van and learning about snow in Australia. Don't quiz me, though, I didn't learn much, except that there is a skiing industry and it does snow in parts of Australia. Hmmm. Fifty-five minutes to go.

Did you ever notice that many of David Letterman's jokes are just to amuse himself? Sometimes he doesn't care if anyone else thinks something is funny, he go off on something that he likes. Kind of like this blog post is ending up-- I think I'm doing it more to amuse myself than to write anything that anyone anywhere at anytime would care about.

We just had Christmas carolers. I didn't know people still really did that.

Oh, look, 49 minutes to go.

4 comments:

myo said...

Of course we have snow in Australia. We just don't have it where the major cities are. Well ... they can get snow in Hobart, but who would regard that as a mjor city? And it can snow in Canberra ... but nobody cares about Canberra.

Interestingly enough, there was snow in areas of 3 states of australia today (christmas day)

Jess said...

There is hardly ever snow in Hobart actually, myo. The snow falls on Mount Wellington and in places like Ferntree (the suburbs in the foothills of Wellington). It sometimes (read: rarely) snows in the suburbs, but I've never seen it settle.

Of course in the country it's a whole different story. And yes, nobody cares about Canberra. Heh.

As for Letterman... it's the music on that show that really annoys me, not the lamearse jokes. Paul sucks.

myo said...

Jes, i remember news reports one year when it snowed quite heavily in Hobart in (i think) february. But perhaps that was before you born. In the last ice age.

And on entirely different topic, i hope emano will let us know what she thinks of the ladies of grace adieu.

Ata said...

It snowed on Ayer's Rock the year Ata lived in Alice Springs. Well, some observers said it was sleet, but the news reporters said snow and Ata's sticking with that. If it was on the news then it must be true, right?