Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Thursday, November 23, 2006

More in Boston

We walked for a while, following Miraba to the Japanese restaurant where I first learned what Skittledog is really like. Board impression: Keppet is a domineering personality (we all know about the world domination plans, and all—I mean, it’s not like bobFort is a well-kept secret) and her sweet friend Skits puts up with it for some reason. The RealLife situation is almost completely opposite. [EDITOR'S NOTE: exaggerated for humorous effect. RL Skittledog is not evil and has no world domination plans, and is in fact a nice person, albeit poke-crazy.] The sweet bookish front Skits puts up on the Board fell away as she poked people randomly [EDITOR'S NOTE:She really just poked Hobblings randomly; I didn’t see her poke any strangers, but then again, I wasn’t watching her the whole time] and tried to step on feet. When she tried to tread on my toes, I took an attack stance and looked around for some chopsticks with which to defend myself. Skits reaction: “Good,” she said appraisingly, “The proper Hobbling response.” Perhaps I was being evaluated as a new recruit for some Dark Purpose to which I can only guess? Keppet, however, showed no signs of malice or world domination plans. She literally went out of her way to talk to me—she left her end of the long counter in the restaurant to talk to Candycanegirl and me.
At the restaurant, we had the disadvantage of sitting at a long counter so that you could only really talk to the people next to you. I had Candycanegirl on one side of me and Emma and QuOS on the other. After several attempts to take a picture of everyonedown the length of the counter that ended up being extreme close-ups of Emma’s face, Emma gave me the assist in setting up the camera for this shot:



At the restaurant, we had the advantage of being served quickly because they didn't need to cook our food before placing it in front of us. Raw meat is such a time-saver.

Here is Candycanegirl's lunch:
The watermelon smoothie was delicious.

From there we went to an Asian market and purchased the famous (infamous?) Pocky, among other things. Liz agrees with Keppet's assessment of the Pocky; I thought the chocolate coating helped make up for some of the cardboardishness of the cookie. I also got some pink chocolate covered gel-like candy substance which tasted just OK, but was still irresistible for some reason. We didn't open them until we were home, but after that I kept popping them like, well, candy and the box was empty rather quickly.

There is a tiny bit more, but I must ready myself for the afternoon: one parent is going to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese, and the other will start Christmas shopping. I'm not sure which assignment I'd like better. It's hard to choose between hordes of noisy children and hordes of crazed shoppers on the day after Thanksgiving.

9 comments:

Jess said...

Gak, sushi. I can't even stand the cooked chicken rolls.

Emano said...

Er... I forgot to mention that we cooked our own meat. You can see a bubbly pot of broth in the "candycanegirl's lunch" picture-- we dipped our meat into it to cook it. Rather an important step for me to have left out.

Skywolf said...

Ah, I love Japanese food. Gorgeous stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm not so disgusted now.

myo said...

"Keppet, however, showed no signs of malice or world domination plans."

Could be it was a cunning plan to disarm you.

Anonymous said...

Why did the Editor keep having to take over when talking about me?

...I just have very few social skills. And like to reassure myself that people actually exist by prodding them. Or something. Ahem.

Also, Keppet still domineers in real life. She just does it in such a lovely way that you feel bad about not instantly obeying.

Emano said...

EDITOR'S NOTE: It is my job to ensure the accuracy of all text. I felt that exaggerations were being made and had to step in.

Anonymous said...

...hmm.

keppet said...

I'm lovely. *swoons*