1. My neck hurts.
2. I like Dunkin' Donuts caramel iced coffee; the raspberry, not so much.
3. I should do homework, but it's getting kind of late for that.
4. I spent what felt like too much time picking up sticks from our backyard this morning. Someone took down the 8 felled trees from the ice storm along with the firewood-suitable pieces of wood, and dragged away the branches; the sticks that were too small to get carried away but big enough to mess up the lawn mower had to be dealt with. We burned them in our outdoor fireplace, and I needed to wash my hair when we were done because the smell of smoke was overpowering.
5. Marshmallows toast in the daytime, too. And over the ashes of a dying fire, they get wonderfully golden brown.
6. I get nowhere near enough sleep.
7. I have no problem doing the Vulcan "Live long and prosper" hand sign, and was surprised to learn that not everyone could do it.
8. I first learned the Vulcan sign from Robin Williams on Mork and Mindy, long before I heard of Star Trek.
9. I watched entirely too much TV as a child.
10. And drank entirely too much soda (aka cola aka pop).
11. I don't like Macintosh apples. Or Red Delicious, either. They both seem too mushy to me. I prefer Gala, Fuji, Braeburn, or Pink Lady.
12. When I was pregnant, I had a super-human sense of smell. I couldn't stand to go even go into the kitchen, much less open the refrigerator, because all the smells mingled together and it wasn't pleasant. I ate a lot of bananas, because I could hold my breath long enough to run in and peel one. I never threw away the peels myself, however, because the smell of the garbage was nauseating.
13. I dislike wearing flip-flops (thong sandals). The little post at the front always hurts the space between my toes. My daughter, however, will not wear anything else but flip flops from now until early October. Off the top of my head, without thinking, I can think of about 7 pairs that she has-- and I know there would be more if I tried to remember what they were.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment