Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Soemthing that makes me happy

For years, our spaghetti strainer was not really a colander at all. It was the basket that one used to immerse potato sticks in oil to make fries. When we stopped making fries and the handle broke off, we started using it to drain pasta. I bought a new plastic colander, but my husband (the head chef around here) never really took to it and it was big and difficult to store. Lately, the finish started coming off and it just looked awful.

But, no more. I bought a collapsible over-the-sink colander that I love. It is beautiful. It fits over the edge of the sink so there is no lag time where the pasta is sitting in water that is in the sink and hasn't gone down the drain yet, and it is easy to store because it collapses to about 2 inches thick. I wonder what other collapsible things I can buy?

1 comment:

H said...

ooo, I want one. I have a BBB coupon around someplace.... my strainers are largely hiding from me.