Yes, that is a cake container near the top of the pile. Yes, there is a cake inside. The gift bag at the very top had several packages of unopened party paper plates. What was going through this kid's mind as he (or she) left school with a crammed locker? "I didn't buy the junk, so I don't care if it gets tossed?" My mind boggles.
Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Lockers
After the students leave on the last day of school, the custodians empty out the lockers. Even though time and trash barrels are provided during the last days of school for kids to empty their own lockers, there is always a surprising amount of stuff left in them. There are always textbooks, notebooks, sweatshirts, backpacks, and a few surprises. This was my favorite locker this year:
Yes, that is a cake container near the top of the pile. Yes, there is a cake inside. The gift bag at the very top had several packages of unopened party paper plates. What was going through this kid's mind as he (or she) left school with a crammed locker? "I didn't buy the junk, so I don't care if it gets tossed?" My mind boggles.
Yes, that is a cake container near the top of the pile. Yes, there is a cake inside. The gift bag at the very top had several packages of unopened party paper plates. What was going through this kid's mind as he (or she) left school with a crammed locker? "I didn't buy the junk, so I don't care if it gets tossed?" My mind boggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Weridos. What kind of kid leaves behind cake?!
Uh, obviously that should be 'weirdos'. I have never heard of a werido. But I like the sound of it as a word.
A "werido" is a special kind of weirdo that doesn't eat cake.
I like it. I shall have reserve that word for use at parties where someone refuses cake. There's always someone.
Post a Comment