Synomyms: amalgam, blend, composite, grab bag, hodgepodge, medley, miscellany, variety (Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

You think you know someone...

I have mentioned one or two times that Aurora is... adventuresome. She shows no fear, not of large dogs, of oncoming traffic, or of falling off the chandelier while she swings. So I was a little taken aback talking to her preschool teacher today at the Fall parent-teacher conference.

Observations like "She has a smile that lights up her face" were no surprise. But then I heard, "She isn't ready to do things in front of the group yet." What? Brave Aurora? "She loves her turn at Show and Tell-- she doesn't talk to us during it yet, but she's all smiles the whole time." Roar-- quiet? "I don't push her, just ask her if she wants to participate-- I was a shy kid myself..." Shy? I can think of a lot of adjectives to describe Aurora, but "shy" isn't one of them. It's funny how different people can be in different environments.

1 comment:

Skywolf said...

Heh - she obviously saves it all up for you when she gets home.

Aw. :)